MPVS (Mobile Pet Vaccination Service) respects your privacy and is committed to treating any information that we obtain about you with as much care as possible and in a manner that is compliant with all applicable data protection legislation including the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 ("GDPR") and any national implementing laws in relation to the same including the Data Protection Act 2018 (collectively, "Data Protection Legislation").
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. We may update this Policy from time to time so please check this page periodically to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Who are we?
Our official company name is Mobile Pet Vaccination Service. We are a limited company registered in England and Wales (company number: 13420452).
1. REGISTRATION, USER ACCOUNTS
- When you create an account on our website, we will use your personal information to process your account registration and to create your account profile. The details we collect from you when you register include your name, address, email address, phone number and your pet(s) details. We need to process your personal information in this way to create your account, in accordance with the terms and conditions between us.
- The personal information we collect might include your IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
- The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know.
- Each account is for use by a single user only. You must not share your username and password with any other person.
- You are responsible for ensuring your passwords and login details are kept securely, and therefore you will be responsible for all activity on your account.
- You must notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your password or account.
- If we become aware that an underage user has provided personal data without parental permission, we will terminate that account and delete all personal data provided by that user to the extent feasible.
- Any personal information you submit on the Site or through the Service and all electronic communications between you and us are governed by our Privacy and Cookie Statement.
- We warrant and represent that we will keep your personal information safe, secure and confidential.
- In certain circumstances, we may be required by law or regulation to disclose certain information that you provide. This includes, without limitation, in the event that there is a suspicion of animal abuse (including neglect) or any illegal or criminal activity.
- By registering an account with MPVS, you agree that you are happy to receive communications from us by email or phone calls in relation to your account or use of our Service.
2. WE MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION TO:
- send you reminders about your pet’s healthcare
- contact you about your pet’s treatment
- send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- notify you of changes to our services
- send you communications, which you have requested, and that may be of interest
- to carry out analysis, improve the quality of our services and ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to track use of web pages
3. TERMINATION OR SUSPENSION OF ACCOUNTS
- We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity (i.e. for as long as you are a client +5 years or immediately if you request to be deleted.
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account and deny you access to the Site and/or the Service at any time at our sole discretion and for any reason including, without limitation, if you are in breach of these Terms.
- If your account is suspended or terminated by us for any reason, you must not attempt to register another account.
- You may terminate your account at any time by sending an email to email@example.com, and we will process that termination request and close your account as soon as possible, usually within seven (7) days of receipt of your termination request.
- Any obligations or liabilities that have arisen or been incurred before the suspension or termination of your account (including, but not exclusively, your obligation to pay any Charges incurred) must survive and remain enforceable despite such suspension or termination.
- While we use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information on the Sites is correct, we cannot guarantee the accuracy and completeness of such information. Therefore, we may make changes to the material on the Sites at any time without notice. The material on the Sites may be out of date, and we cannot commit to update such material.
5. ACCESS TO THE SITE AND THE SERVICE
- Access to the Sites may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
6. COMPUTER OFFENCES
- If you do anything which is a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 (such as for example introducing viruses, worms, Trojans and other technologically harmful or damaging material) your right to use the site will end immediately, we will report you to the relevant authorities and provide them with details of your identity.
- You must not try to obtain access to our server or any connected database or make any ‘attack’ on the site.
7. THIRD PARTY LINKS
- Certain content, products and services available on the Sites and through the Services may include materials from third-parties.
- Third-party links on the Sites may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties.
- We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third-party's policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. You must direct complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party to the third-party.
8. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
- We may pass your information to our third-party service providers for the purposes of providing services to you (for example to send you appointment reminders).
- We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
- We will not release your information to third parties unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
- The secure server software encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, to ensure compliance with the UK Data Protection Acts of 1984 and 1998 and the relevant Irish legislation, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
- A cookie is a piece of data sent by our website [or service], stored by the browser on your device and sent back to our website [or service] by your browser each time it makes a request. We only use (and store) non-essential cookies on your computer's browser or hard drive if you provide your consent.
11. YOUR RIGHTS
- You have a choice about the type of information you receive from us. As a client of our services, you understand and agree that personal information you provide will be held on a database operated by us and we will contact you about your pet’s treatment using your preferred method of communication.
- You have the right to access information held about you. If you wish to see a copy of your data, please contact us. We will provide this data within a few days (not exceeding one month).
- You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the relevant supervisory authority for data protection issues, which in the UK is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). (www.ico.org.uk).
12. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This Policy was last reviewed and updated in May 2021.